College of Charleston Cato-Simons Display Christened!

August 13th, 2010

We were so pleased to have been part of a “christening” immediately following our successful installation of the College of Charleston Cato-Simons display. Among those in attendance were the Dean for the School, Valerie Morris, EVP of Business Affairs, Steve Osborne, Director of Operations, Kathryn Norton and EVP of Institutional Advancement, George Watt, who gave a toast to mark the occasion.   The Cato-Simons display marks the juncture of the new Marion and Wayland H. Cato Jr. Center for the Arts and the existing Simon Center for the Arts and follows an initial installation of donor recognition plaques in January 2010  for the grand opening of the Center.

The particular challenges of recognition for the historic College of Charleston, founded in 1770, and the oldest municipal college in the country, included consulting on 200+ years of past giving and the initial creation of new donor recognition Standards & Guidelines (S&G’s) we developed with them that will carry the University forward as they continue to grow philanthropy there, all the while also changing the landscape of Charleston.

Much like the campus itself, these basic S&G’s were created with the full expectation that growth and change is inevitable. In this campus-wide, branding-for-philanthropy effort, new recognition identity standards employ the use of the College’s historic seal along with a distinctive faux stone element, while also following many of the celebratory tenets of our Best Practices for Donor Recognition™.







Comments are closed.